You Know You’ve Been In the Lab Too Long When…
Posted in: Dealing with Fellow Scientists
This has been doing the rounds all over the web, so I thought I’d post my 10 favorites.
You know you’ve worked in the lab too long when…
- You wash your hands before you go to the toilet
- You tell your family to store the milk “at 4°C”
- You cry when your cells die
- you wonder what it would be like to experience ‘death by autoclave’
- You suddenly realise you’ve been using sterile technique when opening a jar of mayo
- You can tell the OD of your culture just by the smell
- You can’t watch CSI without cursing at least one scientific inaccuracy
- You’ve worked out that a trained chimp could probably do 90% of your job
- You are strangely proud of the collection of junk you’ve stolen from vendors at trade shows
- You can no longer spell normal words but have no trouble with spelling things like immunohistochemistry or deoxyribonucleic acid
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
You rip off a bandage at home and look around for the autoclave bag.