I have a secret to tell you. Are you ready?
You don’t have to heat shock your bacterial cells anymore to transform them. Don’t bother putting them in a water bath for exactly 2 minutes, or electroporating them with bolts of electricity. And, as far as an outgrowth step goes, forget about it!
None of these steps are necessary with Zymo Research’s Mix & Go! Competent Cells.
Really, you just ‘Mix & Go!’?
Those clever scientists at Zymo Research have been working hard to make your life simpler in the lab. They have developed premade, chemically-competent cells that easily take up DNA without heat shocking. Simply mix your DNA with an aliquot of cells and spread onto an agar plate. That’s it, and the whole procedure can be completed in less time it takes to watch the demonstration!
Highlights of Zymo’s Mix & Go! Competent Cells include:
- High efficiency (108–109 transformants/µg of plasmid DNA)
- Transformation in as little as 20 seconds
- Utility – including blue/white screening, cDNA generation, and library construction
- High plasmid yield when isolating DNA
- Supplied in multiple formats
- Stable plasmids (RecA1/RecA13 recombination deficient strains)
Here are some of the things you can love about these cells:
1. Mix & Go! saves you time and removes the hassles associated with bacterial transformation.
With Mix & Go! Competent Cells you no longer have to incubate your DNA with the cells on ice or heat shock.
Ever forget to check the temperature of your water bath? It can be frustrating and a waste of time trying to get the temperature just right. No more heat shocking means you can forget about the hassle dealing with the water bath, and you’ll be happy because all this saves you time.
2. No sacrifice with high transformation efficiencies (108–109 transformants/?g of plasmid DNA).
I bet you’re wondering ‘what’s the catch?’ Surely these cells can’t be as efficient as traditional methods? Well, one of the great things about Mix & Go! Competent Cells is that you don’t have to sacrifice efficiency for ease-of-use. Each strain of Mix & Go! Competent Cells comes ready-to-use with a high transformation efficiency of 108–109 transformants/?g of plasmid DNA.
3. A variety of strains for every need.
DH5? cells are great, but sometimes you need a little variety in your life. Mix & Go! Competent Cells are provided as 6 different strains of E. coli with diverse genetic backgrounds to facilitate all your cloning needs.
- Zymo 5?, Zymo 10B, and JM109 strains ensure plasmid stability and high DNA yield making them ideal for general cloning and library construction.
- TG1 and C600 strains are recombination competent.
- HB101 cells are excellent for library construction.
4. Choose your format: single aliquots, 96-well (12 strips of 8 tubes) or a 384-well plate.
Mix & Go Competent Cells are not offered as a one-size-fits-all product. If you’re only doing a few transformations, then get a pack of 10 single-use aliquots. Butyou’re you’re making a library or automating your transformations, try the 96- or 384-well formats.
Sound too good to be true? Try it for yourself and request a free sample of Zymo 5? today!
You can click here to request a free trial of Zymo Mix & Go! Competent Cells. They will be shipped overnight free of charge to anywhere in the US.
Try Mix & Go! Competent Cells for your next molecular cloning application. You will be shocked (but your cells won’t) with the ease of use and the performance… guaranteed!