THE PURSUIT OF PROGRESS
We redefine possibilities. At QIAGEN, we believe every insight contributes vital momentum to making improvements in life possible. This drives us to create, innovate and deliver solutions that propel our customers forward in their mission to make a difference. By powering life science research from sample to insight, QIAGEN is an impactful partner in the pursuit of progress.
Further information can be found at http://www.qiagen.com.
Allyn Forsyth, Ph.D.
Tutorial Video Abstract
qPCR is one of the most specific and sensitive tools in molecular biology, allowing the quantification of target DNA molecules present at less than 1 in 106. Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) has similar potential. However, the presence of large amounts of non-target DNA in most clinical or environmental samples precludes easy and inexpensive analysis of rare events.
In this webinar, you will learn:
1. The epigenetic differences between microbial and human/animal genomes
2. The use of restriction endonucleases to enrich for either pathogen genomes or the human genome from complex populations.
3. How the use of enrichment and concentration can improve qPCR sensitivity
4. The use of qPCR to validate enrichment from complex samples
5. The use of NGS to validate pathogen enrichment from complex samples
Join Dr. Allyn Forsyth as he describes how successful NGS analysis of complex microbiome samples can lead to the development of non-invasive colorectal cancer screening, as well as monitoring of disease states within other cancers and Alzheimer’s Disease.