Company bio: BioLegend develops and manufactures highly recognized, world-class antibodies and reagents at an outstanding value. Our product portfolio includes tools for research in immunology, neuroscience, cell biology, cancer, and stem cells. We offer more than 18,000 products, collectively cited in over 27,000 peer-reviewed journal publications. BioLegend headquarters in San Diego, CA operates under an ISO 13485:2003 certified quality management system.
Marlon Stoeckius, Ph.D.
Join us in this webinar featuring Dr. Marlon Stoeckius as he explains how you can improve your single-cell RNA-sequencing (scRNA-seq) experiments. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How you can run one scRNA-seq experiment with numerous protein markers in parallel
- How you can increase your recovery of single cells (up to four times!) per experiment
- How you can link phenotypes to transcriptomic profiles—with higher throughput methods!
The last few years have seen the scale of single cell RNA-seq experiments increase exponentially, greatly enhancing our understanding of cell biology in development and disease. It is now feasible for researchers to characterize thousands of single cells in one experiment. However, important hallmarks of immune cell states are often not detected in scRNA-seq experiments. While lower throughput methods previously allowed researchers to link phenotypes or protein expression to transcriptomic profiles, the increase in scale of modern droplet-based methods resulted in a loss of such addressability.
Here we describe two recently developed applications that utilize antibody-conjugated oligonucleotides to enhance existing scRNA-seq platforms.
1. CITE-seq, which allows measurement of a potentially unlimited number of protein markers in parallel to transcriptomes.
2. Cell Hashing, which enables sample multiplexing, robust multiplet detection and super-loading of scRNA-seq platforms, allowing confident recovery of 4 times as many single cells per experiment.
Reagents for performing these assays, under the name TotalSeq™ are now available from BioLegend.